About the Doctor
Dr. Mustafa Al Qbandi is the Pediatric Cardiology specialist at Al-Orf Hospital and the Head of the Cardiac Catheterization unit at Chest Diseases Hospital. He is also the program Director of Pediatric Cardiology at Kuwait Institute for Medical Subspecialties. Dr. Al Qbandi graduated from University of Kuwait where he earned a Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery, He also completed a Bachelor of Basic Medical Sciences. He is a member and a fellow of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, a Fellow of American Academy of Pediatrics and a Fellow of American College of Cardiology. Dr. Al Qbandi is certified from the Canadian Board in Pediatric Cardiology and the American Board in General Pediatrics. Dr. Al Qbandi has worked in Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto. He published 2 books and many articles related to Pediatric Cardiology.
- Bachelor of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Kuwait, Kuwait
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Kuwait, Kuwait
Specializing In12 Month Checkup 15 Month Checkup 18 Month Checkup 1 Month Checkup 24 Month Checkup
Licenses / Permits
- Ministry of Health in Kuwait
Awards & Publications
- Fetal Echocardiographic Features of Twisted Atrioventricular Connections. Cardiology in the Young 2000 Oct; 10(14):409-12.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy as a first sign of Nutritional Vitamin D Deficiency Rickets in Infancy. Canadian Journal of Cardiology 1999 Jun,15(6),699-701
- Diagnosis of Left Juxtaposition of the Atrial Appendages in the Fetus. Cardiology in the Young 2000 May; 10(3): 220-4
- Fetal Cardiac Dextroposition In The Absence of an Intrathoracic Mass: A sign of significant Right Lung Hypoplasia. Journal of Ultrasound of Medicine 2000 Oct; 19(10):669-76.
- Superiority of Three-Dimensional versus two-Dimensional Echocardiography for Left Ventricular Volume Assessment in Small Piglet Hearts. Journal of American Society of Echocardiography 2000 Oct; 13(10): 918-23
- Pre-coronary Stenosis After Stage I Palliation for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2000 Dec; 70(6): 2147-9.
- Three-D Echocardiographic Assessment Of Left Atrioventricular Valve. Presented as an abstract in the Disenhouse competition June 2000.
- Impact of the Characteristics of Patients and their Clinical Management on Outcomes in Children with Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia. Cardiolology in the Young, 2002 Mar; 12(2):105-12.
- Echocardiographic Evaluation, Management and Outcomes of Bilateral Arterial Ducts and Complex Congenital Heart Disease: 16 years’ experience. Cardiology in the Young, 2002 May; 12(3):272-277
- Peripartum Cardiomyopathy: Case Report and Review of Literature. Kuwait Medical Journal 2004, 36 (1): 52-54
- Anomalous Coronary Artery from Opposite Coronary Sinus in Young Children. Kuwait Medical Journal 2006, 38 (4): 292-299
- Transcatheter Closure of Large Pulmonary Arteriovenous Fistula including Pulmonary Artery to Left Atrial Fistula with Amplatzer Septal Occluder. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2007 Sep;70(3):422-8.
- The Impact of Interruption of Anomalous Systemic Arterial Supply on Scimitar Syndrome presenting during Infancy. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2008 Apr 1;71(5):671-8.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy in Children and Adults: What is New? . ScientificWorldJournal. 2008 Aug 6;8:762-75.
- The Value of Transesophageal Echocardiography to Detect Coronary Artery Stenosis in Children Mustafa Al-Qbandi, Kuwait Medical Journal 2010
- Long-term Follow-up of Persistent Truncus Arteriosus: Kuwait experience. Med Princ Pract. 2012;21(3):277-81. doi: 10.1159/000334590. Epub 2011 Dec 27.
- Occlusion of Fontan Fenestrations using Amplatzer Septal Occluder. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2011 Apr;27(4):483-90. doi: 10.1007/s10554-010-9694-0. Epub 2010 Sep 22. Erratum in: Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012 Jan;28(1):219
- Transcatheter Closure of ASDs and PFOs A Comprehensive Assessment
- Interventions in Structural, Valvular and Congenital Heart Disease, Second Edition 2nd
- Canadian Board in General Pediatrics
- American Board in General Pediatrics
- Canadian Board in Pediatric Cardiology
- Member of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellow of American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of Cardiac Society for Angiography and Intervention
|Consultation Range||30 KD-40 KD|